|Oral reading, discussing, retelling|
Executive Functioning - Cooking
|Planning, decision making, cutting, spreading, taking initiative|
Do you need a hug?
You think about it, Mom. Don't try that at home - seriously Mom - don't try that at home when you were a kid: cutting by yourself is not safe when you were a kid if your mom didn't teach you the safe way.
Lots of ingredients: peppers, cucumbers, pineapple, pepperoni, capers, olives, mozzarella, crust. And tomato sauce! Don't forget that, Mom!
Bake 10 minutes @ 450ºF
Yeah, let's eat! Don't write that down. Erase "let's eat" - Princess Manners! (OK - you can leave that in.)
Math - Addition and Subtraction
Printing - 8
|Adding, subtracting using Math Playground Number Bars (virtual cuisenaire rods) - homework, VLC|
Geography, Language Arts - Alberta
|Researching, writing, recalling. Mind map from VLC.|
- Alberta has buffalo. One buffalo, two buffalo. Don't put an "s".
- Alberta has pontoon planes for landing on water because there are lots of lakes. Pontoons are not wheels. They look like big water skis.
- Alberta's flower is wild rose. They are pink.
- Alberta's licence plate says, "Wild Rose Country". There is a picture of a wild rose on it.
- The BC licence plate has "Beautiful British Columbia" and a picture of the BC flag.
Recycling, Traditions, Communication, Art - Halloween
The interview was fine. You can hear it on Halloween day at about 12:30.
Here are some zero waste Halloween ideas:
|A skeleton made of milk cartons. Somebody drank a lot of milk!|
|Cut out Mexican decorations - papel picado. That means punched paper. It is HARD!|
|Paper plates and garbage bags|
|It was basically a festival we went to. It's a pumpkin patch.|
|Pumpkins made of paper|