Traditions - The Nutcracker
|Reading (3 versions), retelling, listening to the score, attending the ballet|
They meeted at Marie's house because that's where she lives. Her uncle gave her the nutcracker because he thought that was a nice Christmas gift for her. Her brother was jealous and he threw the nutcracker on the ground and Marie cried so much that the nutcracker was hurted from the brother.
Uncle was in a dream that suddenly made her in a dream. Everyone was asleep, but not Marie.
The King of Mice was getting Marie and cursed the Nutcracker. And the mice were pirates, 'cause look: they have swords and look: and also an earring and a bandana and a thimble and a needle. Then they had a fight. The mice and the nutcracker fought together. The soldiers, they fighted with swords and wooden guns.
Marie was hopeless. Marie threw the shoe at the mice and the mice got upset 'cause they did, of course. And they vanished. All of them vanished by the big girl. And the curse gone away.
The nutcracker became a prince and then next page: so the prince bringed her to the sweet land and they saw ballets. The prince bringed the girl to the candy castle - a lovely prince. They got married when she was a grown up.
Math - Addition and Subtraction10) Add them together. What do they make? What do I use? It's gonna be five. It's gonna be six. Sixteen. Sixteen, isn't it? Is that correct?
11) Three plus one. Thirteen. Oh, oh, wowowow. Four!
12) Ten minus one. Mom, I don't know how to do this. I don't know. Oh! Nine! Nine! It's a nine, right?
13) Fourteen minus seven. Ten and then a four. Where's the fours? Is this a three or four? Seriously. I am not happy right now. What do I need to do here? Oh, nine - I need nine. What number do I need? I don't know which numbers I need. I don't know what it is. Mom - help me! This is something I don't want to do right now... Yes! Seven!
14) Six plus one. Sixteen! Seven!
15) Ten minus four. Ten minus... Six!
16) Four plus nine. Put them together... do we need to get a ten? It's going to be bigger than ten. I was mumbling. Three! Thirteen! (Oh my gosh! Pepper spray! It's in your mouth!) That's a huge three. I disagree on that three. I should stop complaining about this eraser - it does erase. Hold on - that's a tiny three!
Traditions - Carolling
|Singing, following along, choosing, enjoying!|
We do celebrate Christmas, but not in the God way. The true meaning of Christmas: don't tell them what the present is.
Art/Traditions - Christmas Tree
I did not do the whole thing; Kelsi did some, I did the rest. I just picked the colours. I did do some cutting. Not all the gluing.
Traditions/Writing - Good-Bye Note
Gardening/Physical Activity - Hauling Manure
|Shovelling, collaborating, preparing garden for Spring|
It's raw rice. Their beaks don't hurt a lot - not at all. 'Cause they're just pecking. Do you think we will get chickens?
Physical Education - Skating
|Listening, skating forward, stopping, jumping, spinning|
What time is it, Mr Santa? Weird.
Physical Education - Gymnastics
She likes chatting, I guess.
Do you agree with me I need to be in a private class? 'Cause it was babyish, the other class. They're babies, right?
Language Arts - Story Writing
Jack and the Beanstalk
|Reading, mind-mapping, retelling, printing, illustrating, colouring, cutting, gluing (6 pages)|
|Using mind map to compose a story with beginning, middle, end. Printing.|
It's called, um, "Lulu".
Traditions/Language Arts - Card Writing
|Writing a message, legibly|
I'm so excited about bringing this to him. Do you think he'll blush at me? What do you think he'll do? Am I blushing? Look at my cheeks. I just feel like to cry. No - I feel like to laugh. I just feel embarrassed.
Art - Masks
|Pretending, decorating with markers, social activity with a friend|